Here’s one picture from our retreat, if anyone has some good ones please send to Kate for posting!
Yesterday, February 24th, a group of Highland Quilt Guild members got together to assemble “Comfort Quilt” tops to be donated to the mental health unit at St. Martha’s Hospital. 10 tops were completed and they will be quilted by members of the guild.
NOTE: The recipe for the brownies that Valerie brought is now available under the recipes tab above.
Here’s our Updated schedule for the next few months.
*If the school closes due to poor weather unfortunately we are not able to use the school so Guild is cancelled (even if the weather is OK!)
Winter Programming Schedule
|Jan. 31||Half square triangle demos||Mystery Clue 2|
|Feb. 7||Business Meeting|
|Feb. 14||Zippered Boxy Bag (supply list below)||Mystery Clue 3|
|Feb. 21||Preparation for Comfort Quilts–bring your 4 1/2″ and 8 1/2″ blocks along so they may be arranged and ready to sew.|
|Saturday Feb. 24||Sew Day for Comfort Quilts (St Andrews Jr School)|
|Feb. 28||3D Hydrangea Workshop (supply list below, instructions under “Project Instructions” tab above)|
|Mar 7||Business Meeting||Mystery Clue 4|
|Mar. 14||MARCH BREAK-NO GUILD|
|Mar. 21||Tips, tricks, tools and time savers||Mystery Clue 5|
|Mar. 28||One Yard Fabric Exchange|
|Apr. 4||Business Meeting||Mystery Clue 6|
|Apr. 11||Just Peachy: Andrea|
|Apr 20-22||Retreat with Paul Legere|
|May 2||Business Meeting||ENSE Challenge Reveal and Voting|
|May 9||Go and Grow Bag: Sherry|
|May 26||End of Year workshop and party|
|June 6||Business Meeting|
Click below to download supply lists:
Goal: to complete 10 lap quilts for the Jordan Myles Foundation at St. Martha’s Hospital, appealing to all ages and genders
- Guild to donate fabric for backings and bindings, plus batting
- Volunteers to cut and donate 4.5” and/or 8.5” squares of fabric to coordinate with anchor fabrics provided at guild
- NOTE: no fabric with religious symbols, holiday symbols, or words
- on Wednesday January 31, we will lay out the donated squares to create 10 quilt tops
- On Saturday February 17, we will work in teams to sew, iron, and sandwich 10 quilt tops
- Yvonne L. has offered to do the quilting on her longarm machine
- After that, we will need volunteers to bind the quilts
- 40” x 48”
- – comprised of 4.5” and 8.5” scrappy, but coordinated squares
- – approx.. 15 x 8.5” and 60 x 4.5” squares needed for each quilt (can vary)
- – should have 2 or 3 of each 4.5” square fabric
Saturday, November 4, 2017
10:00 am to 5:00 pm
11984 Hwy 4
Havre Boucher NS
Join us for our Grand Opening of the neatest little QUILTING SHOP you’ve ever seen. This new adventure will be sure to please everyone who is interested in quilting or seeing quilts. I look forward to seeing everyone on my opening day.
Experience the passion of Quilting!!