On Wednesday, March March 28th we will be doing a fun fabric exchange. Everyone is asked to bring 1 meter of a Batik fabric that you really, really like a lot. You will leave with half a meter of this fabric plus smaller pieces of several others.
Full explanation of this activity is available here.
We had a fun and productive evening this past Wednesday! About a dozen of us got together to work on Chemo hats for children and adults at the IWK Hospital and St. Martha’s Hospital. Several members also made hats at home and brought them with them.
Here’s our Updated schedule for the next few months.
*If the school closes due to poor weather unfortunately we are not able to use the school so Guild is cancelled (even if the weather is OK!)
Winter Programming Schedule
||Half square triangle demos
||Mystery Clue 2
||Zippered Boxy Bag (supply list below)
||Mystery Clue 3
||Preparation for Comfort Quilts–bring your 4 1/2″ and 8 1/2″ blocks along so they may be arranged and ready to sew.
|Saturday Feb. 24
||Sew Day for Comfort Quilts (St Andrews Jr School)
||Mystery Clue 4
||MARCH BREAK-NO GUILD
||Tips, tricks, tools and time savers
||Mystery Clue 5
|| One Yard Fabric Exchange
||Mystery Clue 6
||Just Peachy: Andrea
||Retreat with Paul Legere
||ENSE Challenge Reveal and Voting
||Go and Grow Bag: Sherry
||End of Year workshop and party: Date TBA
Click below to download supply lists:
Zippered Boxy Bag Supply List
3D Hydrangea Supply list
Goal: to complete 10 lap quilts for the Jordan Myles Foundation at St. Martha’s Hospital, appealing to all ages and genders
- Guild to donate fabric for backings and bindings, plus batting
- Volunteers to cut and donate 4.5” and/or 8.5” squares of fabric to coordinate with anchor fabrics provided at guild
- NOTE: no fabric with religious symbols, holiday symbols, or words
- on Wednesday January 31, we will lay out the donated squares to create 10 quilt tops
- On Saturday February 17, we will work in teams to sew, iron, and sandwich 10 quilt tops
- Yvonne L. has offered to do the quilting on her longarm machine
- After that, we will need volunteers to bind the quilts
- 40” x 48”
- – comprised of 4.5” and 8.5” scrappy, but coordinated squares
- – approx.. 15 x 8.5” and 60 x 4.5” squares needed for each quilt (can vary)
- – should have 2 or 3 of each 4.5” square fabric
Comfort Quilt Project 2018
Saturday, November 4, 2017
10:00 am to 5:00 pm
11984 Hwy 4
Havre Boucher NS
Join us for our Grand Opening of the neatest little QUILTING SHOP you’ve ever seen. This new adventure will be sure to please everyone who is interested in quilting or seeing quilts. I look forward to seeing everyone on my opening day.
Experience the passion of Quilting!!
The Paul Leger Workshop was enjoyed by everyone who attended.
As our year long project this year we are going to challenge everyone to finish as many “UFO’s” – Un-finished Objects as possible. Full instructions for this challenge can be downloaded here.
Today, May 6th, we had a great sew day to work on quilts for the Ronald MacDonald House. We had 17 workers and will have 7 quilts to donate from our guild. This is part of Quilt Canada’s Canada’s Big Quilt Bee where Guilds from across Canada are making quilts to donate to Ronald MacDonald Houses.
To see photos of our work day Click here.
We had a wonderful presentation by Lee Boyle on Wednesday, January 18th about the proper way to sit while doing sewing work. She gave us a handout of exercises that we can do when taking a break from sewing, they can be found here
She also brought along 3 quilts to show us: